Thursday, 20 June 2013

Shaving

As any male can attest, shaving is a laborious chore. With an electric shaver, which I have used exclusively since I had my stroke, it is a royal pain and does not give a close shave.

Shaving manually with a blade (Gillette Mach III) and Gillette Foamy) is WAY more exacting and fraught with danger, especially if you're right-handed but are using your left arm-hand because your right one was paralysed by the stroke you had. Doh!

For the first time since that stroke, I tried it today. Save one small cut, I survived it by shaving with my left hand -- VERY slowly. To be clear, I am right-handed. But my right side, including my right hand-arm, is partially paralysed.

Or paralyzed in Americun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWhkekvlkos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p37t_vPm1aw



2 comments:

  1. Let me be the first to congratulate you, Spaceship Orion. Onward and upward, as someone famous must have once said.

    - Doug

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Doug! Yes. Pip pip and tally ho or something.

    ReplyDelete

Be critical. Disagree, if you want. But don't be abusive.