Monday, 17 June 2013

Duh

http://weblogs.about.com/od/partsofablog/qt/BlogComments.htm

IF you in fact visit the site above, you will see its subject matter is all about a lack of traffic or comments on blogs. I am finding that getting back into blogging, as opposed to Farcebooking, is hardly an either-or thing.

The key here is its supposed to be, I want it to be, an exchange of ideas. Before the advent of Farcebook, I was a blogger with an established, familiar group of readers from all over the planet.

Many of them now are Farcebook friends.

They would read my entries and comment on them, like we were in the same room, having a discussion. I would read theirs and the same type of idealistic discussion and EXCHANGE OF IDEAS would occur.

Farcebook is the down-and-dirty, slam-bam-thank-you-ma'am version of blogging. Its parameters are much more narrow. It is the hieroglyphics of the 21st Century. The scratching on the wall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvPpAPIIZyo

Individuality, I FIND, is sacrificed for quickness. For brevity. Invariably, I THINK, a certain shallowness results. Like being in a room, talking to someone. But you can tell they're not listening; they're not present.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apathy

To battle this apathy, this being elsewhere, you recoil and you ALSO de-activate, like Hymie the robot on Get Smart. Before you know it, you ALSO are not there, so you've got 2 people, both of them not present.

They say nothing of any import to one another. They might as well be talking to the wall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I96VBu0X7sI

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/yourphotos







2 comments:

  1. Apathy breeds apathy, I guess. Consider blogging about a different subject. Personally, I'd be interested in knowing more about your former (and perhaps current) entomological interests, Chris. Give me an insect story!

    - Doug

    ReplyDelete

Be critical. Disagree, if you want. But don't be abusive.