Sunday, 16 June 2013

Apathy (Expanded, resubmitted)

Hmmm.

I was going to be silent today.

Then on Farcebook, I saw this:

http://www.ted.com/talks/dave_meslin_the_antidote_to_apathy.html

It IS amazing. It IS fairly short. It IS to the point. Admittedly, I fall into the group that has believed, wrongly by his figuring, that people are apathetic. He argues that they are not, but that society and governments WANT them to be apathetic.

And that they purposely design it so that people will be that way. After pondering it, I agree. The media runs what people will watch. It's all about ratings. People ARE apathetic because they're on Farcebook all the time or watching Little People.

 I think it's easy to fall into that trap, to walk through life sleeping and not saying ANYTHING because you're going to offend SOMEONE and to be forceful about your opinions-beliefs is frowned upon.

 Instead, you're SUPPOSED to be like everyone else.

It takes a Herculean effort, I find, to express a belief, especially a DIFFERENT belief.



I wish we could celebrate our differences. But we're all the same. I can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be critical. Disagree, if you want. But don't be abusive.