So my cat, Sweetie, who of course already considers herself a deity, delved into her predatory side today, killing a cricket and leaving it there for all potential challengers to her realm to see so they would NEVER challenge her territory.
She also left a piece of poop which I thought was ANOTHER cricket carcass, but that's another story. I cleaned it up. Which reminds me, I MUST change her kitty litter box today. Lest she revolt and fire ALL the hired help.
I have so far seen no other insects. As the reigning Lioness King, she must assert her authority and show those crickets who emerge from the floor boards or other hiding areas that they must pay her in kind.
Or else...gulp.
She is cruel. Mean. Ferocious. As with any feline, she has feelings. Still, she must rule with an iron fist. Paw. Some things, even playthings, must face her wrath and be used as examples, so her subjects will cower in her presence.
Even the fish are her loyal subjects for whom, periodically, she must make an appearance.
like old times, i will visit you periodically.
ReplyDeletei like what you've written, at least it seems more "complete" than little snippets at FB. and i get to read about Sweetie more and see her more as well.
am still at work, but what's new. it's 3 am.
good thing is that it helps to pay the rent and loans since i've just relocated.
when i start blogging again, i'll leave you my link.
cheers,
-pauline
Thanks Pauline!
DeleteFor other commenters, should there be any: Pauline is in the area around Singapore, as I recall...
http://humanchoices.blogspot.sg/
ReplyDeletehokie, you inspired me to start my new blog. feel free to drop in, but it will probably be emo stuffs and rants. what i do best. :P
-pauline
I'll do that, Pauline. Thanks!
DeletePauline: I'll try again, but that url appears wrong. I just tried it, it didn't work.
DeleteThat's a pretty ferocious-looking cat, Chris. Is she yawning or defending territory? :)
ReplyDelete-- Doug
I must have been teasing her, Dug. She must be defending what she perceives is HER territory. I laugh at her and kid with her all the time. No WONDER I'm divorced.
ReplyDelete